Equity, Inclusion, and Social Justice
The Edinburg Center is deeply committed to the eradication of institutional racism. We acknowledge that acts of cruelty and injustice against people who are Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) affect every corner of our society and depletes our shared humanity. We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and we pledge ourselves to create and maintain an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences.
The Diversity Committee at The Edinburg Center is committed to the following actions:
- To lead an agency-wide agenda that challenges all aspects of injustice, oppression, and institutional racism in our communities
- To engage in regular dialogue about the effects of systemic racism and to examine the implicit biases and privilege that exist within our society at large, recognizing how these factors impact our employees, their families and the people we serve
- A commitment to recruit and retain BIPOC at all levels of the organization
- To create organizational values and policies that are anti-racist, demand social justice and inclusion for all
- Celebrate and promote the differences among us in order to educate our community and demonstrate the true value of diversity
These commitments are ongoing, and will change over time at the direction of the Diversity Committee.
We are a member of The Providers’ Council. Our CEO, Patti Maguire, has signed their Call to Action on Racial Justice. Click below to read the statement and see its supporters.